Friday, April 24, 2009

Lyrics of Susan Boyle's I Dreamed a Dream

Here is the copy of Les Miserables' I Dreamed a Dream, sung by Susan Boyle during the Britain's Got A Talent 2009.

Boyle gave me goosebumps! I myself was amazed! Cheers!


There was a time when men were kindWhen their voices were soft. And their words invitingThere was a time when love was blind. And the world was a songAnd the song was excitingThere was a timeThen it all went wrong.


I dreamed a dream in time gone byWhen hope was high. And life worth livingI dreamed that love would never dieI dreamed that God would be forgiving. Then I was young and unafraidWhen dreams were made and used and wasted. There was no ransom to be paid. No song unsung, no wine untasted.


But the tigers come at night. With their voices soft as thunder. As they tear your hopes apart. And they turn your dream to shame.


He slept a summer by my side. He filled my days with endless wonder. He took my childhood in his strideBut he was gone when autumn came.


And still I dream he’ll come to me. That we will live the years together. But there are dreams that cannot be. And there are storms we cannot weather.


I had a dream my life would be. So different from this hell I’m living. So different now from what it seems. Now life has killed the dream I dreamed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

All Rights Reserved 2009 The Hottest Buzz Online | by Regal Web Services