Friday, March 20, 2009

Ricky “Hitman” Hatton and Manny “Pacman” Pacquio FIGHT (who's your bet?)


QOUTED QOUTES FROM RICKY AND MANNY

Ricky said:

I am unbeaten at 140 pounds, and believe I am unbeatable at this weight."

This is a fight between two nice men, but there is nothing nice about either me or Manny when we get inside the ring."

This reminds me a bit of when I fought Kostya Tsyzu. No one gave me a chance against him and that seems like a long time ago. I truly believe I am a much better fighter now too."

Both of us don’t go backwards and I think that is the key to the fight. Whoever ends up going backwards is going to lose."

“‘We both have very exciting and aggressive styles and this fight is going to be tremendous."

I noticed in some of Manny’s recent fights, his opponents were a bit worried about his aggression. That is not going to happen with me. I won’t be bothered by his aggression and feel ready to take it on"

I’m in fantastic condition already. That just shows how much I’m up for this fight.

Manny shuffles in and out and tries to bring you onto the punch. I have good footwork and I think I can bring him on to my shots."

Sometimes he comes in square and goes for broke which leaves him open to be hit. If he leaves himself open there is no reason why I shouldn’t be confident.

He did beat Oscar who is bigger than me, but he had nothing that night. If I had boxed Oscar then I would have beat him even quicker."

We both have great fans and we will be fighting our hearts out for them that night. I want to do the U.K. proud and come home victorious.”

(Hmmm.... Manny you better Watch out for Hatton, anyway no matter what it takes for you Manny, win or lose you're still our Pacman the "King of the Ring" )

Manny's Reply:

This is my first time in England. I am very surprised and overwhelmed by the turnout of all of the Filipino people. I would like to thank everyone for turning out.

I am amazed by the support I have been shown. I did not expect it in Manchester because this is Ricky’s home town, where I know he is loved. I appreciate my supporters coming to see me.

I was surprised to see so many of my people in Manchester. I think Ricky Hatton was surprised to see them too. Although it is Hatton’s place, I think Manchester is now ‘Mannychester!"

The fight will be a great challenge because Ricky is a great fighter. It will be a once in a lifetime fight, the kind you only see once in boxing history."

This is a smart match. For Ricky and me because of our styles. He is smart and strong too."

I know what Ricky’s weaknesses are and I have begun to train for them. His strength is his left uppercut, but I can handle that, too."

Hatton hits very hard, has a strong left hand and a good uppercut too. I must and will train very hard."

I feel strong at 140, 145, 147. The weight is fine for me."

Hatton is bigger than I am but this isn’t about big. It’s about punching hard and being effective."

There is a respect for Hatton and his team but in the ring it is all different. There are no timeouts"

Like all of my fights, I dedicate this fight to my country. I remember as a little boy. I ate one meal a day and sometimes slept in the street. I will never forget that and it inspires me to fight hard, stay strong and remember all of the people of my country trying to achieve better for themselves."

My first fight gave me one dollar (50 pesos). I gave the dollar to my mother.”

WELL MAY THE BEST MAN WIN!!! GOODLUCK!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

All Rights Reserved 2009 The Hottest Buzz Online | by Regal Web Services